MACUL is seeking active, passionate education technology advocates to deepen our MACUL membership engagement! We need 8-12 people that are willing to serve and apply their knowledge and skills to four Learning Areas that support the practice of more than 26,000 MACUL Members.
We are launching four Learning Areas – Technology Leadership, Technology in Education, Technology for ALL Learners, and Technology for Tomorrow – and you may be the right choice to shape one of these areas! If selected, your job will be to join one of the Learning Area Leadership Teams of 5-6 people, some of whom are MACUL Board members, to plan, organize and execute learning opportunities and digital content for the MACUL membership!
Seven days in person including one Sunday.
- 3 Days @ MACUL Annual Conference
- 2 Days @ MACUL Leadership Retreat (Sunday – Monday)
- 2 Days @ MACUL Board Meeting (3rd Tuesday in September and January)
- Monthly virtual meeting with Learning Area Team
At least a 1-year commitment (begins with Leadership Retreat May 19 and 20 in Lansing).
- March 20 – April 22: Recruitment of Learning Area Leadership Team Members (8-12)
- April 26: MACUL Delegates announced
- May 19-20: MACUL Leadership Retreat in Lansing (Crowne Plaza West & MACUL Office)
- June – July: MACUL 2020 Conference Planning with Leadership Teams
- August: Final Prep Items for MACUL 2020 Conference Planning
- September 17: MACUL Board Meeting
What We Are Asking From You
Join a Leadership Team and provide your thought leadership and expertise to plan, organize, execute and successfully build MACUL member engagement through our new Learning Areas.
We have four Learning Areas – Technology Leadership, Technology in Education, Technology for ALL Learners, and Technology for Tomorrow.
You may be asked to serve in any of the four areas, but we are searching for and hoping to align our Leaders to areas of their expertise and passion to support PK-16 Educators!
Each Learning Area will plan the following:
- One Face-To-Face activity for the MACUL membership,
- One Virtual Event for the MACUL Membership,
- at least 2 workshops at MACUL Conference.
Actively develop or cultivate digital content for the MACUL Community.
Our Thanks To You
Mileage and Sub Pay for in-person meetings, MACUL Conference & your Learning Area events.
Parking and Hotel costs for the MACUL Conference (3 nights in hotel w/Parking) MACUL Conference Registration (you will be working & participating in the conference).
General costs for your participation in MACUL Events (typically expenses except for meals).
Other benefits as made available (other conference discounts, meals, special events, representing MACUL in statewide work, etc.)
Application to be a MACUL Delegate
Please compose answers to these questions (view link to Google Doc) and save either as a Google Doc or a PDF. You will attach this file to the Application form. We will ask for your preference of Learning Area Team, but we may end up asking you to serve on another team if there is the need. Applications are due by noon on April 22, 2019.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.