UP MACUL Conference
7:30 – 8:30 am: Registration
8:30 am – 2:30 pm: Conference
2:30 pm: Closing Remarks
Conference Fee: $50
• Online registration is closed. (Registration onsite will be open starting at 7:30am on May 4.)
SCHEDULE & EVENT INFORMATION
– Code Brew social at Sol Blu Lounge in Iron Mountain from 4-6pm on Thursday, May 3.
RECOMMENDED AREA HOTELS
Hotels in the Iron Mountain Area Reserved for the night of Thursday, May 3rd under “MACUL Breitung Township Schools” (Mention when calling for room)
Bring your Tax Exempt Certificate
Country Inn & Suites Iron Mountain, MI
Address: 2005 S Stephenson Ave, Iron Mountain, MI 49801
Phone: (906) 774-1900
Reservations must be made by April 22nd – 2 queen beds – $90
Days Inn Iron Mountain
Address: 2001 S Stephenson Ave, Iron Mountain, MI 49801
Phone: (906) 774-2181
Reservations based on availability – 2 queen beds – $60
CALL FOR SPEAKERS
The call for speakers is now closed.
Vendor Registration Form
Submit your company’s information to participate. Booth space will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
• Three SCECHs available and forms will be at registration. You will need your PIC number to complete the SCECH form and to receive the hours.
• Need your PIC Number? – Download instructions (PDF)
• Google Map
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: JOE SANFELIPPO
Dr. Joe Sanfelippo is the Superintendent of the Fall Creek School District in Fall Creek, WI…home of the Fall Creek Crickets. The Fall Creek School District was named an Innovative District in 2016 and 2017 by the International Center for Leadership in Education.
Joe holds a BA in Elementary and Early Childhood Education, a MS in Educational Psychology, a MS in Educational Leadership, and a PhD in Leadership, Learning, and Service. Joe co-hosts the Hacking Leadership Podcast and co-authored The Power of Branding: Telling Your School’s Story, Principal Professional Development: Leading Learning in a Digital Age, and Hacking Leadership: 10 Ways Great Leaders Inspire Learning That Teachers, Students, and Parents Love.
The Impact of 30 Seconds
960. That is the number of 30 second segments we all get in an 8 hour day to change the world. 960 chances to make people think differently about the world around them. 960 opportunities to value a student, colleague, or parent. 960 possible interactions that can change the course of someone’s life. We all have the same amount of time…what are we doing with it? Being intentional and understanding that this day may be the one we are remembered for in 20 years forces us to think differently about every interaction. Changing culture has less to do with the amount of time we have, it’s more about what we do during that time. Let’s go to work…