MACUL creates and promotes events that assist educators in the pedagogy and use of educational technology.
Teach Wonder Professional Learning Program
That’s why we’re excited to partner with Wonder Workshop to bring their Teach Wonder Professional Learning Program to MACUL members at a deep discount. There are 13 SCECHs available after completion of the course.
February 7 & 8, 2019
520 South Creyts Road
Lansing, MI 48917
Limited Seating available: 36 seats
MACUL has partnered with ISTE Certified Authorized Providers Illinois Computing Educators (ICE) and New York State Curriculum for Advanced Technological Education (NYSCATE) for ISTE certification trainings in Michigan.
2019 MACUL Conference
March 20 – 22, 2019
Cobo Center Detroit, MI
The MACUL conference gives attendees an opportunity to explore new tools, discover the latest trends, gain valuable resources and network with like-minded educators.
• Keynote Speakers: Stephen Ritz and Gerry Brooks
• Registration and hotel reservations are now open!
FUTURE Conference dates:
2020: March 11-13, Grand Rapids, MI
2021: March 17-19, Detroit, MI
2022: March 9-11, Grand Rapids, MI
2023: March 15-17, Detroit, MI
June 23 – 26, 2019
Pennsylvania Convention Center
1101 Arch St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
STS at the Capitol
December 5, 2018
The 18th Annual Student Technology Showcase (STS) at the Capitol is a day-long event held in the Michigan State Capitol Building to allow lawmakers, business leaders and other citizens to see first-hand how technology is used in classrooms across Michigan.
• K-12 student teams representing their schools from around the state will demonstrate best practices of how technology can enhance teaching and learning for the success of Michigan students.
ISTE No Fear Coding Lab
October 6 – 8, 2018
Wayne State University Campus
Build and accelerate your CS skills and knowledge at the first-ever ISTE No Fear Coding Lab. Participants at this intimate and one-of-a-kind learning experience will learn how to integrate CS and computational thinking across curriculum and walk away with resources and best practices from the field all while building a strong and supportive network of like-minded peers.
September 17 & 18, 2018
Amway Grand Plaza Hotel
Grand Rapids, MI
GoogleFEST in Grand Rapids, MI is a two-day professional and personalized learning conference for educators.
• The keynote speaker is Eric Curts!
• The workshops and conference schedule has been posted!
• Online registration is now closed.
On-site registration and check-in is from 7:30 – 9:00am. Valid payment forms on-site are by credit card, check or copy of valid purchase order.
ISTE 2018 Conference & Expo
June 24 – 27, 2018
The ISTE 2018 Conference & Expo is June 24-27 in Chicago, Illinois. Experience the world’s largest ed tech learning conference. Register at http://conference.iste.org.
2018 Midwest States Reception
June 24, 2018
Join members from ICE-IN, (Indiana), ITEC (Iowa), MACUL (Michigan), METC (Missouri), NETA (Nebraska), and WEMTA (Wisconsin) for a reception at South Branch Tavern and Grille in Chicago, IL to enjoy great food and beverages as well as an opportunity to expand your professional learning network.
UP MACUL Conference
May 4, 2018
Kingsford High School – Breitung Township Schools
431 Hamilton Avenue
Kingsford, MI 49802
• This is the 42nd annual conference taking place on March 7-9 at the DeVos Place in Grand Rapids, MI.
• The early bird pricing deadline is Wednesday, February 21. Take advantage of the discounted rates – you’ll pay $50 more after the deadline.
• Keynote Speakers are Bonnie St. John, Jack Andraka and Joe Sanfelippo.
• Featured Speakers: Robert Corbin, Eric Curts, Margo Day, Leslie Fisher, Jennifer Gonzalez, Rushton Hurley, A.J. Juliani, Liz Kolb, Tom Murray & Eric Sheninger!
IMPORTANT: Grand Connection is the only hotel room reservation system authorized to provide service.
If you are contacted by a ‘Expo Housing Services’ or a similar company for room bookings please inform us at email@example.com.
STS at the Conference
March 8, 2018
K-12 student teams representing their schools from around the state will demonstrate best practices of how technology can enhance teaching and learning for the success of Michigan students on March 8 in Grand Rapids at the 2018 MACUL conference.